Want to know how to quickly thaw chicken breast when you find out you’re running out of time? Don’t worry as you can easily thaw chicken breast quickly in the microwave. Though you can safely thaw your chicken under cold water or in the refrigerator, both procedures take longer. When thawing chicken breast in the microwave, you need to follow these directions:
How to quickly thaw chicken breast
• Take out the packaging
• Place the chicken breast in a microwave-safe container and cover it loosely
• Place the container with the meat in your microwave
• Defrost the meat by selecting the defrost feature on your microwave. The process takes three to five minutes, depending on the size of the breast.
• Halfway through, rotate the meat to thaw evenly if your microwave does not rotate it automatically
• Cook the meat immediately to make sure that microbes get destroyed right away if there is any.
That’s it, now you know how to quickly thaw chicken breast.
Note that leaving your chicken on the counter after thawing gives room for bacteria to multiply. Always cook immediately as we all know, food poisoning is not fun! When you thaw your chicken breast in the microwave, you will be able to have your meal much faster or get down to your chores much faster. It is an ingenious way to thaw your chicken breast very fast.
Recommended site: FoodSafety.gov